Welcome to the DWF Insurance Brief, which aims to highlight useful case law and forthcoming legal and industry developments.
We hope you find the Brief informative and would be pleased to hear from you. Please get in touch by contacting Fiona James, Marcus Davies or any of the contributors if you would like to discuss in more detail any of the issues raised.
This month’s Brief covers a wide spectrum of topics including:
- Developments on the Jackson and associated civil justice reforms
- A review of the draft clauses for the proposed Insurance Contracts Bill
- A Scottish update on the Courts Reform (Scotland) Bill
- When an employer might be vicariously liable in cases of assault
- Apportioning liability for costs where numerous offers had been made
- The effect of an award by the FOS in a further claim for damages
- A claim in Scotland for solicitors’ professional negligence
Please click on the pdf icon below to view the DWF February Insurance Brief.
This information is intended as a general discussion surrounding the topics covered and is for guidance purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. DWF is not responsible for any activity undertaken based on this information.