Welcome to the DWF Insurance Brief, which aims to highlight useful case law and forthcoming legal and industry developments.
We hope you find the Brief informative and would be pleased to hear from you. Please get in touch by contacting Fiona James, Alex Fusco or any of the contributors if you would like to discuss in more detail any of the issues raised.
This month's Brief covers a wide spectrum of topics including:
- Developments on the Jackson and associated civil justice reforms
- Whiplash and small claims track – Government response
- A round up of recent decisions on costs budgeting and relief from sanctions
- Health and safety – changes to RIDDOR
- Consultation on improving inquiries into deaths in Scotland
- A solicitor's liability case illustrating evaluation of loss in a White v Jones situation
- A useful High Court judgment for those handling tree root claims
Please click on the pdf icon below to view the DWF October Insurance Brief.
This information is intended as a general discussion surrounding the topics covered and is for guidance purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. DWF is not responsible for any activity undertaken based on this information.