Welcome to the DWF Insurance Brief, which aims to highlight useful case law and forthcoming legal and industry developments.
We hope you find the Brief informative and would be pleased to hear from you. Please get in touch by contacting Fiona James, Marcus Davies or any of the contributors if you would like to discuss in more detail any of the issues raised.
This month’s Brief covers a wide spectrum of topics including:
- Developments on the Jackson and associated civil justice reforms
- A review of the second set of draft clauses for the proposed Insurance Contracts Bill
- A Scottish update on the Courts Reform (Scotland) Bill
- An occupier creating a duty of care to someone working in his home
- A Supreme Court judgment on litigation capacity
- A solicitor’s negligence claim
- A fatal accident claim in Scotland following a road traffic accident
Please click on the pdf icon below to view the DWF March Insurance Brief.
This information is intended as a general discussion surrounding the topics covered and is for guidance purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. DWF is not responsible for any activity undertaken based on this information.